You will always know what’s happening with your project.
With Scalish Construction, you can expect top-notch quality and service. We approach every project as if it were our own. If you are looking to cut corners, we are not the construction company for you.
Interested in partnering with Scalish? Contact us so we can learn more about your project.
It’s not what we do – it’s how we do business. And we think it’s a pretty big deal.
Real-life construction and renovation projects aren’t like those seen on TV. It would be great if projects were neat and clean and wrapped up in 30 minutes, but that’s not reality. We work in the real world and will always do our best to manage your project and your expectations. We’ll let you know when things are going according to plan and when unexpected issues arise. We will communicate with you every step of the way.
Scalish Construction cares about the future of our City and our planet. We make conscientious decisions to use environmentally responsible and sustainable building materials and technologies to mitigate environmental impact while preserving our Earth’s precious resources.
- We comply with all environmental regulations relevant to construction. This means we protect the environment, protect our clients, and offer peace of mind
- We are a U. S. EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm
- We can make sure your new or renovated building is green by installing energy efficient heating and air conditioning systems, appliances, equipment, and lighting
- We offer Energy Star®, LEED, TRUE and Enterprise Green Communities certification to clients
INDOOR AIR QUALITY
Scalish Construction is passionate about creating safe and healthy environments. We offer both WELL and Fitwel certifications whose standards focus on how buildings impact the health and wellness of their occupants.
Indoor air quality is a large contributor to a building’s healthfulness. As buildings have become more energy-efficient and airtight, indoor concentrations of allergens and pollutants have increased. During demolition and construction, we protect our workers and clients from airborne contaminants by isolating work areas and filtering the air as needed. We utilize non-hazardous paint, glue, flooring, wood species, and other materials that minimize indoor air contaminants. To ensure that post-construction indoor air quality remains high, we advocate for the installation of systems that provide sufficient ventilation, humidity control, and monitor air quality.
- Balancing natural and artificial light levels throughout the day can improve your mood, ward off depression, reduce eye fatigue and headaches, and help regulate proper circadian rhythms
- Implementation of a high-performance filtration system will assure access to clean water essential for healthier drinking, cooking, and washing.
- Noise reduction from both exterior and interior sources reduces stress, increases cognitive function, and assures your privacy.
Thoughtful design features may also encourage fitness, mental health, and overall well-being.
Our design team can partner with you to produce an environment that will optimize your health and productivity.
QUALITY AND ARTISTRY
Superior craftsmanship is a key component of the Scalish Way. Our team comprises skilled artisans and contractors who take pride in their work. We pursue projects with historical and architectural substance that allow us to continue expanding our mastery of construction techniques.
Our passion for discerning renovations can be traced back to Frank Scalish’s apprenticeship with a master stone and wood sculptor. That experience deepened Frank’s appreciation of art and architecture and inspired him to pursue a more comprehensive knowledge and understanding of historic building techniques. Pairing quality construction with aesthetic excellence has distinguished Scalish as one of Cleveland’s premier general contractors.